Saturday, June 13, 2009

Another date

A short update as it's been a busy week. Only two weeks to my exhibition and I am still finishing a couple of paintings. The carriers know me well, and ask, somewhat nervously, "are they dry?" I've been short-listed for another prize, and got a small bit in the paper. I think the magazine feature comes out soon as well, so it's been great timing! Now I just need a few sales, I think my dealer is a bit unsure of the new work, despite the critical thumbs-up.

The teenager's departure for The Big Trip looms scarily near, and there seems to have been all sorts of mayhem in between.

HOWEVER! I did squeeze in another date, a second date, and I am still interested. Why this is happening to me I cannot fathom; we're talking about an interesting, intelligent and attractive man who has a good job, a nice car and a nice house (I gather) AND a holiday house! I am usually attracted to the mildly bad boys, or the ones that seem not that interested. Still, it's all going slowly but steadily, and he is growing on me. Strangely we are both a bit nervous, but at least can laugh about it. And he wants to take me away once I've got the show out of the way! I am feeling enormously lucky.

4 comments:

  1. Oooh, I'm so excited for you! He sounds really nice. And he wants to take you away? Fantastic!

    Btw, you know I have an interest in art - whereabouts is the exhibition going to be? I'd love to know more about your work, perhaps you could give me a hint? Don't worry if you'd rather not, I understand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ach, I just found out that the teacher I like is living with someone! Back to square one...

    How's things with you?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ach - that is a bugger! I am currently stressed and anxious about the show - I've just wrecked a large painting, and my dealer doesn't seem overly enthusiastic. Only two painting days left.

    Date no.3 tonight, he is addled with his separation/children arrangements which are still being sorted, and I am with the show. I would prefer someone who's already resolved all that - so not feeling that enthusiastic about the date.... hopefully I feel different when I see him

    How are the inside/outside renovayions going? Sounds so good.

    x Sunday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's difficult to date someone who is still dealing with their 'baggage' for want of a better word. Separated men are still a little too fragile emotionally, or on the rebound, or bitter, or just out for casual sex. Or it is just me who has had to deal with those types? Ha! Perhaps.

    Just try and enjoy the evening for what it is, you need a stress releaser just before the show. Take care of yourself, and have fun!

    My renovations are going ok actually - I'm even enjoying the gardening, although the weather has turned bad again. But I'm eating healthily, have refused all of the cakes and biscuits in the staffroom (and we always have tons of them) and trying to drink more water - why is that so hard? But thanks, doing ok.

    ReplyDelete