Sunday, July 12, 2009

Show over

The exhibition went reasonably well given the current state of the economy, I suspect my dealer was slightly surprised as I don't think she was that sure about the work. It wasn't a sell-out as in past years, but it will keep the bailiffs away for a few months at least! The opening was well attended, despite the teenager and I still coughing and wheezing in a very unsociable and unglamorous way - incredibly very bad timing to be sick!

Through being reviewed on another blog, the new work has attracted a lot of interest with interior designers who were previously unaware of my work, and there has been some great flow-on from there, which may well lead to more sales.

So now back to an almost empty studio, and teenager-free home, and some serious knuckling down to the thesis.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the show's success and the interest from the designers, that's brilliant news. I'm very pleased for you, you deserve it. Now, enjoy the peace and quiet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're having fun and that's why you're so quiet! I've tagged you on my blog, hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete