Sunday, July 12, 2009

A strange quietude

The teenager is alive and well, and loving travelling. Already regretting taking so many clothes - I did wonder how she would go with that as her case only just closed with my careful folding, and having been witness for years to her preference for the 'floordrobe' technique, I did wonder how she'd manage. Her solution? Less than a week into it and she is already posting clothes home.

I was surprised with how gutted I felt to say goodbye, after quietly counting the days until I could come home to a tidy house, less trips to the supermarket, and all those late night pick-up/drop-offs. It is quiet, and she leaves an enormous hole, but she does email and text regularly, and I am happy for her. I have stayed incredibly busy, and suspect it hasn't fully sunk in yet, but I am enjoying the tidier house, and look forward to having a bit more time for myself - and maybe even a bit of a love-life again!

No comments:

Post a Comment