Tuesday, August 4, 2009

I've been dumped!

I am in the somewhat ungainly position of trying to pick up my jaw from the floor, and my dignity from somewhere hopefully nearby. Here I have been thinking that I'd give the psychiatrist date another chance in case I was wrong about him, and he has pipped me to the post to inform me that he'd like to continue to see me socially but has recently become "romantically involved" with someone from the past! This would have been better if he had informed me a little earlier, but not after extending invitations to a couple of functions before disappearing off the radar for a few weeks. What was he thinking? Clearly not about me! Anyway in many ways I guess that answers my question. And he is definitely not for me!

On the flip side I have been taken on by another gallery in another city, who have offered me a show next year. It's proving to be a great year career-wise, if not for sales and boyfriends.

3 comments:

  1. How very dare he? Ungrateful sod, but then he wasn't The One was he?

    Onwards and upwards - don't fret, you'll meet someone in the course of your new work connections. Mark my word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! No he wasn't the one. Hope the new girlfriend enjoys paying for dinner!!

    I will mark your words, you are the second person to say that in the last few days. We'll see!

    I have another 'blind date' through well-meaning friends tomorrow! They assure me he is intelligent, sorted, AND 'fit'!! Oy vey. Stay tuned! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. You lucky sod! Enjoy, and make sure you tell us all the gory details. Nosey, moi?

    ReplyDelete