Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Learning slowly

Things are never what they seem. After two dreadful nights sleeping separately, with, to quote Bruce Springsteen,‘ a freight train running through the middle of my head’, and a stomach churning with anxiety and distress, The Lodger and I are back on.

What do you do when life throws something unexpected at you? I certainly wasn’t expecting a paying guest to become a lover, and a friend. And recently out of a marriage I’m sure it was the last thing he was expecting as well.

So, I have learnt to relax, and chill. I have had it with stressful relationships. I have learnt to take it one day at a time, that the less you expect, the more you receive, and the more you value what you have. I have spent years in relationships worrying needlessly, when things have a way of working themselves out anyway.

Things are good, I have no idea where they are heading, but I am attempting to,live life with grace and calmness, one day at a time, and it feels good.

No comments:

Post a Comment