Tuesday, December 1, 2009

The Teenager

Despite it now being five months since the teenager set off on her Grand Adventure, I feel very much like a part of her is still very close to home. It doesn’t really change that much. Instead of receiving calls asking what’s for dinner and what time will you be home, or can you pick me up/drop me off, now I get texts and emails, a sample of which are below, they arrive at all hours. It’s astonishing really.

• I can’t check into my hostel for four hours, can you Google where I can leave my bags?
• I’m lost; can you tell me where I am?
• I love you.
• The train lurched whilst I was peeing and I slipped on the seat, will I get Aids?
• I’ve lost my bankcard and have no money.
• What’s Western Union, stop talking about it, I don’t know what you mean.
• Thanks for sending the money through Western Union.
• Can you please stop texting me, it’s costing me too much money.
• Why don’t you text me, don’t you care?
• How many calories in a sweet potato, can you please Google it?
• What thank you present should I buy great aunt P for having me? (3.50 am)
• There’s no florist near here. (4.00 am)
• Sorry for waking you. (4.40 am)
• I don’t have my new pin number, and have no money. (3.25 am)
• The bank has given me an advance, I’m ok. (4.15 am)
• Sorry to wake you, I love you. (5.00 am)
• Skype me now. You look tired, what have you been doing?

I am exhausted.

3 comments:

  1. OMG, hilarious and terrifying at the same time! I can't imagine the horror of getting a text saying "I'm lost" when there is little you can do.

    I also can't believe it's 5 months since she went on her travels! Really?!! And by the way, you DO look tired - what *have* you been doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. She's just safely arrived at next destination, it's all good. And yes, I can't believe it's 5 months either!

    Re tired, yes, everything you might suspect, although NOT in the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there came across your blog via notSupermum,this post made me laugh so much,we have 3 teens and the youngest of them is always doing something similar to me too,they are so funny.hope you don't mind me passing by,beckyx

    ReplyDelete