Thursday, March 12, 2009

Strange days are these.

Sometimes you just know that the day is going to be one of those days. It probably started the moment I heard a chainsaw start up outside my front door. In the midst of my usual multi-tasking morning routine, which consists of skimming the newspaper whilst waiting for the toast to toast, the kettle to boil and the computer to boot up, I heard the ungodly sound of sawing. With no time for formalities, I ran out into the street in my underwear to find two men, earmuffed and goggled, with large chainsaws about to cut down a very small tree outside my home. Pruning, the startled men explained. Bit of over-kill I think. I could have done it with secateurs.

The cat, who was apparently not long for this world three years ago, has become kittenish and races about the street with a new spring in his step. I suspect he is in love. My Mr Right continues to elude me.

The teenager forgot her house keys, as they do. Funny they never forget their phones. Possibly weird of the day was her informing me that she bought a second-hand camera from a one-handed man.

Don’t you love the way they ask what’s for dinner as soon as you set foot in the house? I find it a challenge when there appears to be some form of diet required. No carbs, no pasta, rice or potatoes. No quick whipping up a quick spaghetti with olive oil, chilli and garlic. Ultimately I seem to end up preparing two separate meals. I’m definitely a carb girl.


The studio remains my salvation. It is beautiful, and peaceful. And I actually get some work done.




No comments:

Post a Comment