Sunday, May 17, 2009

My teenager-free week

Day Three, and I must admit it's been lovely. I miss her of course, but it IS nice to have a break.

I started off with a Shiatsu massage for my arms, which have been sore from painting. This was my first foray into 'alternative' therapy, and apart from some nervousness when acupuncture was mentioned, I trusted my lovely (and handsome!) doctor, and let him have his way with me. I had needles stuck in my arms and legs, massage which included him standing on me at one stage, and some suction cups stuck to my back, which have left interesting red circles! I'm feeling better already!

I've put myself back on an Internet dating site for the week, and have already spoken to one interesting man; I've been to galleries to see exhibitions I've been meaning to see; I've been to the market and am now cooking up a storm; I'm planning a tapas birthday dinner for a girlfriend; and most importantly, I am getting some rest. AND I get to come home to a house as tidy as I left it, rather than something that looks like it belongs in Baghdad.

The sweetest thing is that the teenager still sends me texts telling me what she's doing, and calls to say goodnight. Bless.

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you are busy and enjoying it. AS you know I've also put myself on a free weekend membership to a dating site, but so far no luck and now it's saying my details are not visible to other people for some reason! Maybe the photo was just too much for them?!

    I've got a day of decluttering planned, and some blog reading. Enjoy the rest of your week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no! Is there a button you're supposed to click to make yourself visible? I know there is on the one I'm using. I'm sure it's not the photo (apparently it doesn't startle horses! ;))

    Decluttering is always good, but what about rounding up a couple of friends to go out? And thanks, I am really enjoying my week! Currently answering your tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was just thinking about you, I was reading the Timesonline and they have an article about living with teenagers.

    http://timesonline.typepad.com/alphamummy/2009/05/5-steps-to-understanding-teenage-girls.html

    It's worth reading the comments below too, hilarious. Supermother (no relation!) thinks the answer is to buy them their own horse. Of course, why didn't I think of that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG!!!

    Thanks for the link, the article was pretty sensible (although in my case we've past most of that stage now), but the comments after left me gob-smacked.

    Do people like Supermother really still exist today? I don't fancy her chances of having loving, well-adjusted teenagers/young adults with an approach like that.

    I'm feeling pretty lucky. On a lot less than 100K too!

    ReplyDelete